Dana Leventhal, DO, FAAP
Dr. Dana Leventhal was raised in Doylestown, PA, a suburb about an hour north of Philadelphia. For as long as she remembers, she has wanted to be a doctor and enjoyed wearing her dad's white dress shirt as a lab coat and her baby dolls always wore hospital bracelets! She chose pediatrics after working at a summer day camp through high school and babysitting the neighborhood kids. After moving to the south for the warm weather, she attended college at Clemson University before receiving her medical degree from Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine. She completed her residency at East Carolina University before joining a pediatric practice in Goldsboro, NC. She is joining Oberlin Road Pediatrics in October 2023.
Dr. Leventhal loves having a small part in watching children grow and guiding and empowering families to create a happy and healthy environment for their children. She enjoys seeing children of all ages and in particular dealing with anticipatory guidance and child safety. Her goal is to make every family feel comfortable coming to her for any questions they have and easing a parent's worries with her calm and reassuring demeanor.
Dr. Leventhal enjoys keeping up with her family and friends all over the country. She enjoys baking sweets, trying new recipes, and watching sports.
Fun Facts About Me
- My grandfather founded the Israel Guide Dog Center for the Blind and my dad was the executive director. This is an organization that is very special to me.
- I am a huge Philadelphia sports fan and I do not miss a single Phillies or Sixers game (unless they are on the west coast and playing after bedtime)!
- Pediatrics: American Board of Pediatrics
- Residency: East Carolina University/Vidant Medical Center, 2019-2021
- Medical School: Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine, 2014-2018
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Arts in Biological Sciences with a minor in Psychology, Clemson University
Professional Organizations & Affiliations
- Fellow: American Academy of Pediatrics
Honors & Awards
- Thank a Resident Award
- Dr. Karin M. Hillenbrand Board Review Excellence Award